MPSE-006 PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPSE-006
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
|Title Name||MPSE-006 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Short Name||MPSE-006 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||September 30, 2021 for January 2021 Session
March 31, 2021 for July 2020 Session
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. The preamble of UNESCO reads, ‘Since war begins in the minds of men, it is in the minds of
men that the defences of peace must be constructed’. Give your assessment on the
2. Briefly explain the key elements of Sino-India CBMs. What in your judgment are the CBMs
effective in maintaining peace?
3. How is peace defined? Explain the different approaches to the study of peace.
4. Illustrate with suitable example the achievements of regional organizations in the
prevention and resolution of conflicts.
5. What is human security? What in your view are the main challenges to human security?
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each:
6. (a) Direct and structural violence
(b) Multi Track Diplomacy
7. (a) Doctrine of ‘just war’
(b) Distinguish insurgency and terrorism
8. (a) Gandhian approach to peace
(b) Arbitration and conflict resolution
9. (a) Disarmament and arms control
(b) Distinguish ‘limited’ war and ‘total’ war
10. (a) Feminist perspectives of war
(b) Strategies of nuclear deterrence
MPSE-006, MPSE-06, MPSE 006, MPSE 06, MPSE006, MPSE06, MPSE-6, MPSE6, MPSE