MPSE-006 PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPSE-006
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2023-24
|Title Name||MPSE-006 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE|
|Session||Assignment July, 2023 & January, 2024 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MPS 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session: March 31|
For January Session: September 30
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each
question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. The evolution of civil society in its relationship with the state has undergone major
transformations in the modern period. Elucidate.
2. Critically analyse the powers of the Security Council concerning peaceful settlement of
3. Define civil war and examine its operational and structural aspects.
4. Examine the judicial procedures for resolution of conflicts.
5. Briefly describe the system level and state level approaches to understanding the causes of
6. In the long run one would have to fight the mindset that is likely to generate terrorism and
not simply try to contain it by force? Discuss.
7. Critically examine Gandhi’s view on war.
8. Write a short note on each part of the following question in about 250 words:
(a) Composition and functions of the International Court of Justice
(b) Distinction between peace research and peace studies
9. Define human security and examine its nature and scope.
10. Write a short note on each part of the following question in about 250 words:
(a) Structural violence
(b) Functionalism and Neo-fuctionalism
MPSE-006, MPSE-06, MPSE 006, MPSE 06, MPSE006, MPSE06, MPSE-6, MPSE6, MPSE