MPS-004 COMPARATIVE POLITICS: ISSUES AND TRENDS Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MPS-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||MPS-004 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Short Name||MPS-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2019-20 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section.
Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20
1. Critically examine dependency theory as a paradigm of understanding
underdevelopment in post-colonial societies.
2. Explain the basic tenets of David Easton’s general system theory.
3. What is a state? Analyse the difference between Marxist and social contract
theory of the origin of states.
4. What is nationalism? What are the different approaches to the study of
5. Evaluate the impact of globalization on nature and functioning of states.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words.
6. a) Gabriel Almond’s Structural Functional Approach
b) Regional integration in South East Asia
7. a) Patterns of anti-colonial struggles
b) Gandhian perspective of the modern State
8. a) International organization and state sovereignty
b) Scramble of Africa
9. a) Neo-Marxism
b) State building and nation building
10. a) Political economy approach in Comparative Politics
b) Role of civil society in democracy
MPS-004, MPS-04, MPS 004, MPS 04, MPS004, MPS04, MPS-4, MPS4, MPS