MMPC-009 Management of Machines & Materials Solved Question Paper December 2022
Management of Machines & Materials
Course Code: MMPC-009
|Title Name||MMPC-009 Solved Question Paper December 2022|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME (MP)
MMPC-009 : MANAGEMENT OF MACHINES AND
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Answer any five questions. All questions carry
1. ‘‘Product selection is an ongoing process in any
organization.’’ Define product selection. Also,
explain the product selection process.
2. Define the terms Capacity and Capacity
Planning. Explain in brief the process of capacity
3. ‘‘A purchase requisition is the primary and
authorization document describing the needed
items.’’ Explain, in view of the statement, the
most common types of requisition forms.
4. Distinguish between mass and batch production.
Under what conditions is batch production
5. ‘‘Codification is a process of representing each
item by a group of numbers and alphabets
indicating the group, sub-group, the type and
dimensions of the item.’’ Comment. Also, explain
the objectives of codification.
6. What do you understand by the term facility
location ? When does a location decision arise ?
7. Write short notes on any three of the following :
(a) Jobshop Production System
(b) Automation and Robotics
(c) Benefits of Value Engineering
(d) Wastivity and Productivity
(e) Vendor Evaluation and Rating