MHI-10 URBANISATION IN INDIA in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Course Code: MHI-10
Assignment Code: MHI-10/AST/TMA. 2022-23
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MHI-10 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-23 Course: MA(History) MHI|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||MHI-10/AST/TMA. 2022-23|
|Product||Assignment of MA(History) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Session Students 31st March|
January Session Students 30th September
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words
each. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Examine the emergence of new forms of knowledge and their relationship to the city
that has set the modern city distinct from their pre-modern predecessors. 20
2. Discuss the layout and chief characteristics of Mohenjodaro. 20
3. Compare Bhir Mound with Sirkap and Sirsukh cities of the Taxila valley. 20
4. Explain R.S. Sharma’s theory of urban decay. What has been the nature of response to
this theory? 20
5. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each.
i) Layout of Harappan cities
ii) Representation of cities in the Arthashastra
iii) Janapadas and Mahajanapadas
iv) Salient features of post-Gupta urbanism
6. Critically examine the characteristics of the temple towns in the peninsular India. 20
7. Analyse the characteristics of Mughal cities. What was Bernier’s idea of ‘camp-cities’? 20
8. Throw light on the unique aspects of Lucknow as an eighteenth century provincial capital? 20
9. In what ways did the dynamics of race, class and ethnicity shape urban spatial relations and control
over urban space? 20
10. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each.
i) Capital cities of Gaur and Pandua
ii) of the port of Goa
iii) Improvement Trusts
iv) Partition and resettlement
MHI-10, MHI 10, MHI10
There are no reviews yet.