MHI-10 URBANISATION IN INDIA SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: MHI-10
Assignment Code: MHI-10/AST/ TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MHI-10 History Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(History) MHI|
|Short Name||MHI-10 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||MHI-10/AST/ TMA/2019-20|
|Product||Assignment of MA(History) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. How are medieval cities of the Indian subcontinent viewed by scholars? 20
2. How do archaeologists view exchange? Construct the story of Harappan 20
3. Critically examine the characteristics of early historical urban centres in the 20
4. Examine R.S. Sharma’s theory of deurbanisation in the light of the 20
contemporary archaeological remains in the post-Gupta period.
5. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each. 10+10
a) Distribution of Harappan settlements
b) Spaces around the city in the early medieval period
c) Parthian city at Sirkap
d) Textual representation of the Sultanate Cities
6. Critically examine the spacial characterstics of Mughal cities. 20
7. What was the impact of the revolt of 1857 on the urban life of the city of 20
8. Can colonial cities rightly be understood as divided cities? 20
9. How did British confront urban issues with regard to design and control of 20
spaces, health and sanitation?
10. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each. 10+10
a) Industrial cities of the medieval Deccan
c) Modernity and the city
d) Cities as sites of religious identities
MHI-010, MHI-10, MHI 010, MHI 10, MHI010, MHI