MHI-06 EVOLUTION OF SOCIAL STRUCTURES IN INDIA THROUGH THE AGES SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: MHI-06
Assignment Code: MHI-06/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MHI-06 History Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(History) MHI|
|Short Name||MHI-06 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(History) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Comment on the role of interpretation and generalisation in the writing of the 20
history of ancient India.
2. Discuss the nature of the social structure of early food producing societies. 20
3. Critically discuss the nature of urbanism in the Harappan times. 20
4. How do you view Burton Stein’s concept of ‘Segmentary State’ in the context of 20
debate on feudalism?
5. Discuss the nature of marriage in the early medieval period. 20
6. Critically comment on the nature of peasantization of the tribal societies in 20
the medieval period.
7. How do you view the phenomenon of the rise of Rajputs? 20
8. Discuss the nature of rural society and its institutions between 20
seventh to twelfth century A.D.
9. Comment on the concept of caste as an invention of colonial modernity. 20
10. What are the ways in which religious and social discrimination took place in 20
MHI-06, MHI-6, MHI 06, MHI 6, MHI06, MHI