MGPE-006 GANDHI’S ECONOMIC THOUGHT Solved Assignment 2019-2020
COURSE: GANDHI’S ECONOMIC THOUGHT (MGPE-006)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MGPE-006
Assignment Code: MGPE-006/ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||MGPE-006 Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MGP|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS))|
|Short Name||MGPE-006 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be
answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Gandhi‟s concept of “Swadeshi”, is it identical to “Swadharma” in Gita? Elucidate.
2. Critically examine the major points of criticism that Gandhi raise against modern economics.
3. What are the components of labour? What do you understand by manual and intellectual labour ?
4. Discuss the relevance of J.K. Mehta’s philosophical economic approach.
5. Describe the Gandhian Model of Industrialisation and highlight its relevance in the contemporary
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Satyagraha Movement in South Africa.
b) Relevance of Gandhian concept of Swadeshi in the present world.
7. a) Doctrine of Trusteeship as proposed by Gandhi.
b) Doctrine of “the limitation of wants” as propounded by Gandhi.
8. a) Gandhi‟s Concept of Self-Sufficiency
b) Gandhi’s concept of Village Development
9. a) Basis of Non-violent Economic Order
b) Importance of cottage industries
10. a) Gandhian Idea of Development
b) Sustainable Economy and Social Justice
MGPE 006, MGPE006, MGPE-06, MGPE06, MGPE-6, MGPE6, MGPE-006, MGPE 06, MGPE 6, MGPE