MGP-001 GANDHI: THE MAN AND HIS TIMES Solved Assignment 2019-2020
COURSE: GANDHI: THE MAN AND HIS TIMES (MGP-001)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MGP-001
Assignment Code: MGP-001/ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||MGP-001 Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MGP|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS))|
|Short Name||MGP-001 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be
answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. How did Gandhi‟s views on nationalism and internationalism contribute to the Independence of
2. Describe the defining moments and incidents in Gandhi’s early life that played an important role in
shaping his character.
3. Describe the core features and significance of the following on Gandhi about 250 words:
a) Influence of Ramayana
b) Influences of Raychand Bhai
4. Discuss conditions of Indian living in South Africa at the time of Gandhi’s arrival.
5. Briefly explain the essence of the Communal Award and Poona Pact
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Kheda Satyagraha (1918)
b) Champaran Satyagraha (1917-18)
7. a) Important of non-violent struggle.
b) Achievement of the Non-Cooperation Movements
8. a) Gandhi‟s Constructive programme
b) Gandhi‟s speech at Banaras Hindu University, 1916
9. a) Gandhi and the Quit India movement
b) Muslim League and Demand for Pakistan.
10. a) Contribution of Bhagat Singh to the Indian Freedom Struggle.
b) Vinayak Damodar Sarvarkar‟s Essentials of Hindutva
MGP-1, MGP 1, MGP 01, MGP-01, MGP-001, MGP 001, MGP, MGP001, MGP01, MGP1