MEC-007 INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MEC-007
Assignment Code: MEC-007/AST/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-007 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-007 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.|
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1) Critically discuss the Ricardian theory of Comparative Advantage. How is it different from
Adam Smith’s theory of Absolute Advantage?
2) Explain the various concepts of terms of trade. Critically examine the behavior of terms of
trade as explained by Prebisch
3) Explain multilateral framework of international trade. Explain its main features.
4) What are the various forms of economic integration? How is trade diversion different from
trade creation? Elucidate.
5) Describe the evolution of international monetary system. Examine the trends in the
international monetary and financial systems.
6) Discuss the various instruments of trade protection. Differentiate between quotas and tariffs.
7) Critically examine the relative merits and demerits of the fixed and flexible exchange rates.
MEC-007, MEC007, MEC-07, MEC-7, MEC 007, MEC 7, MEC-07