LSE-09 Solved Assignment 2020
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE- 09
Assignment Code: LSE-09/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||LSE-09 LIFE SCIENCES Solved Assignment 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Short Name||LSE-09 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment will remain valid for one year from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020|
1. (a) What are the salient features of Porifera?
(b) How are coral reefs formed?
2. (a) What is torsion? Discuss the process of torsion in gastropods.
(b) What are the characteristics of echinoderms that are unique to
them and not found in other phyla?
3. Explain adaptive radiations in Polychaeta. (10)
4. (a) Define biological communication.
(b) What is ritualisation?
(c) What does fixed action pattern mean?
(d) Name any two purpose for which
i) visual signals are used.
ii) auditory signals are used.
(e) What is stridulation?
5. Describe the various types of circulatory system found in non-chordates.
Illustrate your answer with diagrams.
6. Discuss the non-chordates yielding industrial products and medicinal
7. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Communication through visual in insects
(b) Chemoreceptors in non-chordates
(c) Water vascular system in starfish
LSE-09, LSE-9, LSE 09, LSE 9, LSE09, LSE9, LSE