EPS-09 COMPARATIVE GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: EPS-09
Assignment Code: EPS-09/ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||EPS-09 Political Science Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(Political Science)|
|Short Name||EPS-09 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(Political Science) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st March, 2020 for the students appearing in the June 2020 Term End Examination
30th September, 2020 for the students appearing in December 2020 Term End Examination
Answer questions in each category. Answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each. 20×2
1. What is comparative politics? Give an historical overview of the development of comparative
study of politics.
2. Compare institutional approach and systems approach in the study of comparative politics.
3. Explain the main features of China’s development strategy in the post-Mao period.
4. Examine the role of NGOs in the protection and promotion of human rights.
5. Explain dependency theory in the context of underdevelopment in the Third World countries.
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each 12×2
6. Explain the difference between Elitist and Marxist conception of power.
7. Describe the main features of colonial states.
8. How is Presidential form of government different from the Parliamentary form of government?
9. Compare the roles of political parties and pressure groups in democratic politics.
10. What is federalism? Highlight the essential characteristics of federalism.
11. Write a short note on class antagonism according to Marxism.
12. Distinguish democratic regimes from authoritarian regimes.
13. Write a note on political economy approach in the study of comparative politics.
C) SCQ: Write a short note on any two of the following in about 50 words each 6×2
i) Democratic Rights and Human Rights
ii) Social structures
iii) Women’s movement in non-western world.
iv) Neo-liberalism and the Third World
EPS-9, EPS-09, EPS 9, EPS 09, EPS9, EPS