BZYCT-135 PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Course Code: BZYCT-135
Assignment Code: BZYCT-135/TMA/2021-2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BZYCT-135 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Session: July 2021- January 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
Part-A Maximum Marks: 50
1. a) What are the end-products of food that can be absorbed by the body?
Explain how absorption of fats differs from absorption of proteins and
b) How is carbon dioxide transported when it is released by the tissues into the
blood in mammals? What is the role of carbonic anhydrase?
2. a) Describe in brief the cardiac conduction pathway and cardiac cycle.
b) Differentiate between artery and vein.
3. a) Draw a diagram showing the urine concentration in the nephron.
b) Explain briefly the role of myosin in muscle contraction.
4. a) Explain why an action potential is all-or-none event.
b) i) If a new compound is used that binds to membrane receptors by
blocking them which hormones action will be blocked as a result?
ii) If cAMP formation is inhibited in the cell then what step in the
hormone action will be affected?
iii) How can hormones mediate changes in the cell’s function?
iv) What is the role of calcium ion as a second messenger?
5. With the help of a flow diagram, explain the function of female hormones in
humans. How is it regulated?
Part-B Maximum Marks: 50
6. a) Describe the proteins in terms of levels of organization in primary,
secondary, tertiary and quaternary structures.
b) How temperature and pH affect the rate of enzyme action?
7. a) How a value for Km can be obtained from the vo vs S graph when vo = 1/2
b) Explain coenzymes and their roles in metabolism.
8. a) What is antioxidant? Explain the different types of antioxidants with
b) Describe the two phases of glycolysis. What is the net outcome of each
9. a) Discuss the function of Electron Transport Complex-I.
b) Describe ketogenesis. Is it a normal physiological process?
10. Describe urea cycle.
BZYCT-135, BZYCT 135, BZYCT135