BSOE-142 INDIAN SOCIOLOGICAL TRADITIONS
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BSOE-142
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 142/ 2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOE-142 Sociology Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Session||July 2021 & January 2022 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Sociology) 2021-2022|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks. 2 × 20 = 40
1. Describe the social antecedents of sociological thought in India.
2. Explain Elwin-Ghurye debate on protection and integration of tribal identity.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question
carries 10 marks. 3 × 10 = 30
3. Discuss Ghurye’s notion of caste.
4. In what way is economic structure responsible for poor condition of rural economy in the six
villages studied by Ramkrishna Mukherjee?
5. What were the factors that led to increased focus on women in Leela Dube’s work?
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question
carries 6 marks. 5 × 6 = 30
6. Compare Bombay and Lucknow schools of sociological traditions.
7. What do you understand by social ecology?
8. Explain D. P. Mukerji’s Views on Unity in Diversity in Indian tradition.
9. In which areas were research interests of Irawati Karve concentrated?
10. What was the most important aspect of fieldwork outlined by Bose?
BSOE-142, BSOE 142, BSOE142