BSOC-111 SOCIOLOGICAL THINKERS-I in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
Course Code: BSOC 111
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/ 2023-24
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOC-111 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: B.A. CBCS (Sociology)|
|Session||Valid from 1st July, 2023 to 30th June, 2024|
|Assignment Code||ASST/TMA/ 2023-24|
|Product||Assignment of BAG 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Those students who are appearing in December Term End Examination they have to submit latest by in 31st October.|
Those students who are appearing in June exams. They should download the new assignment and submit the same latest by 30th April
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
2× 20 = 40
1. ‘Weber’s writings were influenced by the debate between natural and social sciences and
subject matter of sociology’. Discuss.
2. Discuss the relationship between society and individual consciousness from Durkheimian
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3 × 10 = 30
3. What do you understand by ‘fetishism of commodities’ in the context of capitalist societies?
4. Present Durkheim’s analysis of crime in society.
5. In what way did Weber use the concept of ideal type to show the relationship between
protestant ethic and spirit of capitalism?
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
5 × 6 = 30
6. What did Marx mean by ‘labour power’?
7. What is the difference between power and authority?
8. What are the main features of officials in bureaucracy outlined by Weber.
9. What did Durkhein mean by ‘forced dicision of labour’?
10. What do you understand by ‘surplus value’?
BSOC-111, BSOC 111 BSOC111