BHIE-141 HISTORY OF CHINA (C. 1840 – 1978)
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIE-141
Assignment Code: BHIC-141/ASST/TMA/2021-2022
|Title Name||BHIE-141 History Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(History)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(History) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. ‘The Taiping Uprising in China was not only the greatest rebellion in China prior to
the 20th C, but was also one of the greatest peasant rebellions in World history’.
2. Write a note on the New Cultural Movement in China after 1911. Discuss the role of
intellectuals in China’s Cultural Revolution.
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Analyse the significance of the Opium Wars in the evolution of the Sino-Western
relations in the 19th Century.
4. Explain the factors contributing towards the rise of modern nationalism in China.
5.Discuss the economic and social reforms introduced in China under the leadership of
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Write a note on Confucian philosophy. 6
7. Explain the important points of the Boxer Protocol. 6
8. Discuss the political philosophy of Sun Yatsen. 6
9. How did Marxism emerge in China? 6
10. Explain the Commune system .
BHIE-141, BHIE 141, BHIE141