BHIC-104 SOCIAL FORMATIONS AND CULTURAL PATTERNS OF THE MEDIEVAL WORLD
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
BHIC 104: SOCIAL FORMATIONS AND CULTURAL PATTERNS
OF THE MEDIEVAL WORLD
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BHIC-104
Assignment Code: BHIC-104/ASST/TMA/2020-2021
|Title Name||BHIC-104 History (BAHIH) Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-21 Course: BA(History (BAHIH))|
|Short Name||BHIC-104 (English)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(History (BAHIH)) 2020-2021(IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid for January 2021 admission cycle; and
the assignment is to be submitted latest by September 30, 2021
Note: There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Name some religious sects/cults in the Roman world before the dominance of
Christianity. Why was the Roman world called as a ‘civilization of borrowings’?
2. Compare nature of Sufyanid and Marwanid Ummayad Caliphates. How did Malik
bin Marwan change the nature of Ummayad Caliphate from loose organization to a
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Describe the general debate on the decline of feudalism. 10
4. Give a brief account of the prominent trading communities of the medieval period.
5. Write a note on the medieval empires of Morocco. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Growth of textile industry in medieval Europe 6
7. Aztec religious beliefs 6
8. The archaeological site of Great Zimbabwe 6
9. Shia Islamic sects 6
10. Political and social structures of pre-Islamic Arabia
BHIC-104, BHIC 104, BHIC104