BEGS-183 WRITING AND STUDY SKILLS
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Writing and Study Skills
Course Code: BEGS 183
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGS-183 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor’s Degree Programme Under CBCS|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.A.(CBCS)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Short Name||BEGS-183 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of B.A.(CBCS) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Last Date for Submission of Assignment:|
For June Examination — 30th April
For December Examination — 31st October
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I. Write short notes on the following: 5×5=25
1. Critical thinking strategies for good writing skills.
2. What are ‘homonyms’ and ‘homophones’? Give two examples of each.
3. Strategies for achieving coherence and cohesion in a paragraph.
4. The Cornell note-taking method.
5. Explain the terms ‘paraphrase’, ‘precis’ and ‘summary’ and show how
they differ from each other.
II. Answer the following in around 150 words each: 10×4 = 40
1. “While writing, we need to develop the skill of analysing as well as
2. What is ‘expository writing’? Describe, with examples, the techniques
used to write expository texts.
3. Briefly describe the three major types of study skills and show how they
help us to become better learners.
4. What aspects of format, structure, etiquette and language should be
considered while writing an official email? Write an official email to the
head of your institution keeping all these aspects in mind.
III. 1. Write a paragraph of about 150 words on the topic given below.
Underline the topic sentence after writing the paragraph.
“Water Conservation: a Challenge for India in the 21st Century.”
2. Write a well – developed composition on the topic given below:
“Social Media Usage: Advantages and Disadvantages.”
Your composition should have a clear introduction, body and
BEGS-183, BEGS 183, BEGS183