BEGLA-137 Language through Literature Solved Question Paper December 2022
Language through Literature
Course Code: BEGLA-137
|Title Name||BEGLA-137 Solved Question Paper December 2022|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
B.A. GENERAL (BAG)
BEGLA-137 : LANGUAGE THROUGH LITERATURE
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Answer all questions.
1. Read the following lines and answer the
questions that follow : 5*2=10
Love is a dream
Love is a dream
It’s gone as we wake up
leaving some moments
to be cherished.
Love is like a wind
It embraces us with passion
leaving the scent of fresh flowers
tingling our mind.
Love is like a water bubble
Beautiful to see from far
Even rainbows are visible
But a tender touch will break it
leaving a refreshing sprinkle.
Love resembles a shadow
We try to escape but it follows
At times it makes us hollow
It disappears with the Sun
And leaves us in the Nights.
(a) Give an example of personification.
(b) Give an example of a metaphor.
(c) What example of paradox do you find in the given lines ?
(d) How has repetition been employed in the quoted lines ?
(e) Suggest an appropriate title.
2. Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions : 10*1=10
(a) The girl ran ________ her father.
(b) The horse-rider fell _______ the horse.
(c) The Earth revolves _________ the Sun.
(d) Rohan was hiding _________ the trees.
(e) He put the books _________ the table.
(f) Radha took something _________ the drawer.
(g) There is someone ________ the door.
(h) The new table is made ________ wood.
(i) Ravi was part _________ the team that won the championship.
(j) I have brought you some books _________ you to examine.
3. Write short notes on any two of the following with appropriate examples : 2*10=20
(a) Types of Compounds
(b) Speech and Writing
(c) Extended Metaphor
4. What do you understand by style in literature ? Elaborate on its salient features. 10
5. Make sentences using the following words bringing out their extended sense; you may change the form, if required : 10
language, brain, hand, budding, brush, carpet, skill, vision, smell, charm
6. What is Rhetoric ? What are its salient features ? Give suitable examples. 10
7. Fill in the blanks with correct forms of verbs : 5*2=10
(a) Ram ________ (fall) asleep when he was driving.
(b) It started to rain while we _________ (play) cricket.
(c) The school authorities __________ (meet) the parents yesterday.
(d) He _________ (start) a factory in town last year.
(e) This book _________ (write) in 1971.
8. Define any two of the following literary devices with suitable examples : 2*5=10
Synedoche, Hyperbole, Rhythm, Personification
9. Correct the following sentences : 5*2=10
(a) The dog is wagging it’s tail.
(b) How many money do you have.
(c) After dinner, we enjoyed a film in TV.
(d) I have many happy memories about my childhood.
(e) The temperature of Amritsar is hotter than Delhi.
There are no reviews yet.