BEGG-173 ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION
Course Code: BEGG 173
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGG-173 Generic Elective Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Generic Elective)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Generic Elective) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Write short notes of about 100 words each on the following: 5×5=25
1. What is the function of a ‘body paragraph’ in an academic essay? Explain with
2. What aspects should be considered while writing the review of a book?
3. Write a short note on the structure of a business proposal.
4. What is meant by ‘persuasive writing’? Give any two examples.
5. Is ‘editing’ the same as ‘revising’? Why is it important to edit our writing?
II. Write short essays of about 200 words each on the following 2×10=20
1. Explain with examples, how academic writing is different from non-academic writing?
What are the functions of academic writing?
2. What is ‘copyright law’? Why is it important to avoid plagiarism in academic writing?
II. Answer the following in about 250 words. 15
1. What are the foundational elements for critical thinking? How can they be applied to
develop good writing skills? Illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
III. The head of your institution has conducted a meeting to discuss the training needs
of various groups of employees. Write a brief report of the meeting. 10
IV. Write a well structured composition on the topic “Conserving India’s Forests:
Problems and Challenges”.
(Your essay should have a clear introductory paragraph, body paragraph and
concluding paragraph. You can take hints from Unit 7 to write this answer)
V. “Excessive usage of digital media can harm the intellectual development of young
Write an argumentative essay on the basis of this statement. (You can take hints
from Unit 3 section 3.7 and from Unit 11 to write the answer). 15
BEGG-173, BEGG 173, BEGG173