BEGG-173 ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION Solved Assignment 2022-2023
ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION
Course Code: BEGG 173
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGG-173 Generic Elective Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(Generic Elective)|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Assignment Code||July 22-Jan.23 Course|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Generic Elective) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Write short notes of about 100 words each on the following: 5×5=25
1. How is academic writing different from non-academic writing? Give suitable
examples of both.
2. Write a short note on what you understand by the term ‘critical thinking’. What
are the three essential components of critical thinking?
3. What aspects should be considered while writing the introductory paragraph of
an academic essay?
4. With suitable examples, explain the significance of ‘signposts’ and ‘transitions’
5. Explain, with examples, how narrative writing differs from expository writing.
II. Write short essays of about 200 words each on the following: 2×10=20
1. Discuss the three stages of the process approach to writing.
2. What is ‘copyright law’? Why is it important for a writer of academic essays to be
aware of copyright law?
III. Answer the following question in about 250 words. 15
1. What are the defining features of an argumentative essay? With suitable examples, show
how argumentative writing differs from persuasive writing.
IV. Write a well structured composition on the topic: 15
‘Online learning and the higher education scenario in India: issues and possibilities.’
(Your essay should have a clear introductory paragraph, body paragraph and
concluding paragraph. You can take hints from Unit 7 to write this answer).
V. The principal of your college has conducted a meeting to discuss the preparations
for the forthcoming College Annual Day. Write a brief report of the meeting.
VI. i. While writing a review, what aspects would you consider, in order to make it
most effective? 5
ii. Write the review of a research article that you read recently in an academic
BEGG-173, BEGG 173, BEGG173