BCOC-133 Business Law Solved Question Paper December 2020
Course Code: BCOC-133
|Title Name||BCOC-133 Solved Question Paper December 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (GENERAL)
BCOC-133 : BUSINESS LAW
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Answer any five questions.
1. (a) ‘‘Law of Contract is not the whole law of agreements nor is it the whole law of obligations.’’ Comment.
(b) Distinguish between :
(i) Void and Illegal agreements
(ii) Executed and Executory contracts 10+10
2. (a) Discuss the circumstances under which an offer lapses.
(b) ‘‘Consideration need not be adequate, but it must have some value in the eyes of law.’’ Explain. 10+10
3. ‘‘An agreement in restraint of trade is void.’’ Discuss this statement giving exceptions to it, if any. 20
4. Discuss the various modes in which a contract may be discharged. 20
5. When can an aggrieved party file a suit for ‘specific performance’, an ‘injunction’ and ‘quantum meruit’. Explain and illustrate your answer. 20
6. (a) What is a Contract of Guarantee ? Discuss its special features.
(b) Distinguish between a Contract of Guarantee and a Contract of Indemnity. 10+10
7. What are the rights and duties of a finder of lost goods ? What is the nature of lien which the finder of lost goods has over the goods ? Explain. 10+10
8. What is agency by ratification ? What are the requisites of a valid ratification ? 6+14
9. Define the term ‘delivery’ in case of Sale of Goods Act. Discuss the rights of a buyer in case of (i) short delivery, (ii) delivery in excess of contract quantity, and (iii) delivery of the contract goods mixed with other goods. 5+15
10. Write explanatory notes on any two of the following : 2*10=20
(a) Registration of Partnership Firm
(b) Condition and Warranty
(c) Inchoate Instruments
(d) Remedies for Breach of Contract