BBYET-143 Economic Botany and Biotechnology
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Economic Botany and Biotechnology
Course Code: BBYET-143
Assignment Code: BBYET-143/TMA/2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYET-143 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2022 to 31st December, 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st January 2022 to 31st December, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) Answer in one word:
i) The hypothesis of centre of origin of crop plants was given by
ii) The transition from gathering of the wild plants to their cultivation.
iii) Chief centre of origin of potato.
iv) Infloresence of wheat.
v) The part of coconut used for extracting oil.
b) Define the following:
iii) Genetic diversity
2. a) What is genetic erosion? List the major reasons responsible for it.
b) Differentiate between ex situ and in situ conservation.
3. a) Legumes are considered as nutritionally important foods? Explain the
statement with the help of suitable examples.
b) Write a detailed note on economic importance of spices.
4. a) What are alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages? Give a brief account of
major beverages consumed in India.
b) Enlist the major uses of cotton and jute.
5. Name few medicinal plants. Describe their identifying features, region of
cultivation and major uses.
6. a) What is suspension culture? Describe its advantages in plant tissue
b) Discuss the role of plant tissue culture in germplasm conservation.
7. a) Plant growth regulators form an important component of plant tissue
culture medium. Justify the statement.
b) What is micropropagation? What is its importance?
8. Write short notes on:
(2 × 5= 10)
iv) ELISA technique
v) Important oil crops of India
9. Describe in detail various applications of Plant tissue culture technique. (10)
10. a) Differentiate between Northern, Southern and Western blotting.
b) What is recombinant DNA? Enlist the major steps involved in formation
of recombinant DNA.
BBYET-143, BBYET 143, BBYET143