BBYET-143 Economic Botany and Biotechnology in English Solved Assignment 2023
Course Code: BBYET-143
Assignment Code: BBYET-143/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYET-143 Solved Assignment 2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. Define the following terms:
i) Genetic bottleneck
ii) Synthetic medium
iv) Genetically modified organism (GMO)
2. Differentiate between the following:
i) Top down and bottom up genetic basis of domestication.
ii) Rhizogenesis and Caulogenesis
iii) Spice and condiment
iv) Genomic and cDNA library
v) Direct and Indirect embryogenesis
3. a) Define totipotency. Describe any two application of plant tissue
b) What is a protoplast? Describe the technique of somatic
hybridization with the help of a diagram.
4. Write sort note on the following:
i) Colony hybridisation
ii) Domestication syndrome
iii) Wood distillation
5. Describe the origin, taxonomy and distribution of wheat and rice. (10)
6. What is genetic engineering? Describe the technique of Agrobacteriummediated transformation with the help of a diagram.
7. Enlist the major fibre yielding plants. Describe the morphology, cultivation
and uses of any two of them.
8. Write the botanical name of the following plants:
vii) Pigeon Pea
9. What is germplasm? Explain the two approaches followed for the
BBYET-143, BBYET 143, BBYET143
There are no reviews yet.