BBYCT-135 Plant Anatomy and Embryology
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BBYCT-135
Assignment Code: BBYCT-135/TMA/2021-2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-135 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Session: July 2021- January 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) Define the following terms:
i) Adventitious roots
b) State whether these statements are ‘True’ or ‘False’:
i) Funiculus is the stalk by which seeds are attached to a fruit wall.
ii) Collenchyma is composed of living cells with lignified cell wall.
iii) Outer and inner tangential walls of the endothecial cells help in
dehiscence of anther.
iv) In dichogamy, the androecium and gynoecium mature at the
v) In most of the angiosperms the division of the zygote is
transverse resulting in formation of a small apical cell and a
large basal cell.
2. a) Explain different types of meristems found in plants with the help of a
well labelled diagram.
b) Enumerate the major features of Tunica Corpus Theory of shoot
3. a) Enlist the major characteristic features of halophytes.
b) List various types of simple and complex tissues. Describe complex
tissues with suitable diagrams.
4. Describe the secondary growth in dicot stem with the help of a well labelled
5. a) List various types of ovules and describe them with outline diagrams.
b) Define apomixis and list its types. Discuss various causes of apomixis
and its importance.
6. Describe syngamy and triple fusion in angiosperms with the help of a well
labelled diagram. Enlist the major functions of endosperm in plants.
7. a) Describe the structure of a mature embryo sac with the help of a well
b) Trichomes play important role in plants, Justify the statement.
8. Differentiate between Intraspecific and Incompatibility Interspecific
incompatibility. List the methods to overcome incompatibility and discuss
the significance of incompatibility.
9. Differentiate between:
a) storied and non-storied cambium
b) amoeboid and glandular tapetum
c) self and cross pollination
d) psychophily and hymenophily
e) open and closed style
10. Write short notes on:
a) advantages of cross pollination
d) commercial cork
e) insectivorous plants
BBYCT-135, BBYCT 135, BBYCT135