INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT
Course Code: APM-01
Assignment Code: APM-01/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||APM-01 Application Oriented Courses Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Short Name||APM-01 (HINDI)|
|Assignment Code||APM-01/TMA/ 2019|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (Application Oriented Courses) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019|
1. Explain any five major concepts of Integrated Pest Management (IPM). (10)
2. a) Why IPM is considered as a key component of sustainable agriculture?
b) How models and information technology can shape the future of IPM?
3. a) How is pesticide resistance developed in insects? Discuss various
strategies to manage it.
b) How are Plant Health Clinics (PHCs) helpful to the farmers?
4. Write short notes on the following:
(i) Farmer Field Schools
(ii) Plant Health Clinics
5. Differentiate between the following:
(a) Predator and Parasitoid
(b) Botanical and Microbial Pesticides
(c) Acute toxicity and Chronic toxicity
(d) Pest resurgence and Pest replacement
6. Name two pests of each of the following crops and comment upon their nature
of damage :
7. Explain the different levels of IPM with suitable diagrams. (10)
8. Explain the role of Cytoplasmic Incompatibility and SIT in IPM. (10)
9. What is Host Plant Resistance (HPR)? Explain different mechanisms of HPR. (10)
10. Discuss the strategies to promote IPM in future. (10)
APM-01, APM-1, APM 01, APM 1, APM01, APM