MSOE-003 Sociology of Religion
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in M.A. Sociology
MSOE-003: Sociology of Religion
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100 Programme Code: MSO
Weightage: 30% Course Code: MSOE-003
Assignment Code: MSOE-003/AST/TMA/2021-2022
|Title Name||MSOE-003 Sociology Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(Sociology) MSO|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Sociology) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students admitted in July Batch- 31st March|
For students admitted in January Batch- 30th September
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should
be in about 500 words each.
1. In what way does religion contribute to the healing process? Illustrate your
answer with a suitable example.
2. Discuss the role religious specialists in society with reference to the
perspective of Max Weber.
3. Critically discuss Durkheim’s perspective on religion. 20
4. Examine Marxian approach to the understanding of religion. 20
5. Explain the role of priests and prophets in Nuer society. 20
6. Discuss the main reasons that contributed to the wide spread of the cult
of Sai Baba of Shirdi.
7. ‘Religion is a system of symbols’. Discuss. 20
8. What is ‘totemism’? In what way does it reflect the relationship between
human beings (culture) and nature.
9. Discuss Peter Berger’s viewpoint on the future of religion in society. 20
10. Write short notes on the following:
(i) Religious Conversion
MSOE-003, MSOE-03, MSOE 003, MSOE 03, MSOE003, MSOE03, MSOE-3, MSOE3, MSOE