MSO-004 Sociology in India
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Masters in Sociology
MSO-004: Sociology in India
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-004
Assignment Code: MSO-004/AST/TMA/2021-22
|Title Name||MSO-004 Sociology Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(Sociology) MSO|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Sociology) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students admitted in July Batch- 31st March|
For students admitted in January Batch- 30th September
Answer any five question selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should
be in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss critically the three approaches to study Indian society and culture by the
western scholars in Pre-Independent India.
2. Describe the emergence of sociology as a discipline in India. 20
3. During the nineteen fifties and sixties the major focus of Indian sociologists was
village India. Discuss critically.
4. With education and urbanisation the nature and pattern of marriages in India has
changed. Discuss critically.
5. Describe the agrarian class structure in rural India. 20
6. What do you understand by “Common Property Resources”? Discuss keeping
in mind the villages in India.
7. What was the role played by the tribal population in India during the freedom
8. What is social differentiation and how does social differentiation take place
amongst the tribes in India.
9. What is migration? Can you identify some of the patterns of migration found in
10. Distinguish between old Social Movement and the New Social Movement. 20
MSO-004, MSO-04, MSO 004, MSO 04, MSO004, MSO04, MSO-4, MSO4, MSO