MS-53 Production/Operations Management Solved Assignment 2020
Course Code : MS – 53
Course Title : Production/Operations Management
Assignment Code : MS-53/TMA/SEM – I /2020
Coverage : All Blocks
|Title Name||MS-53 Solved Assignment 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020 Course: Management Programme|
|Product||Assignment of Management Programme 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before 30th April, 2020|
Note : Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the coordinator of your study center on
or before 30th April, 2020.
1. “We have entered the age of technology; henceforth everything will be knowledge based”. Discuss
the above in the context of increasing use of technology-based resources for achieving tasks.
2. “Forecasting is one input to all types of business planning and control, both inside and outside the
operations functions”. Explain the application of forecasting to different functional areas in the
light of the statement.
3. Discuss the relationship between work measurement and job design. Which typically follows the
4. Why did the JIT (Just-in-time) approach evolve in Japan and not in Western countries? Write the
various characteristics of Just – in –time system.
5. “As per major activity groups involved in materials management in any manufacturing
organization, several issues emerge”. Write the various issues related to storage and material
6. “Technology plays a key role in the development of manufacturing systems”. Explain the
classification of process technology in view of the statement.
MS-53, MS 53, MS53