MPA-001 Understanding Natural Disasters
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: MPA-001
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2020
|Title Name||MPA-001 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT (PGDDM)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT (PGDDM)|
|Product||Assignment of PGDDM 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||September 30, 2020 for January 2020 Batch|
March 31, 2021 for July 2020 Batch
Section – I
1. Discuss the regional and seasonal profile of natural disasters.
2. Explain the organisational set-up of disaster management at the central level in India.
3. ‘In flood prone state, effective forecasting, warning and monitoring play an important role in
disaster management.’ Comment.
4. What measures would you suggest for disaster management in cyclone prone areas?
5. Discuss the causes and impacts of drought and analyse the role of Gujarat government in
Section – II
6. What are the major causes and impacts of landslides?
7. Discuss the lessons learnt on the basis of past disasters in case of snow avalanches.
8. Write a note on the volcanic eruptions in Italy.
9. Describe the impact of climate change on terrestrial ecosystem.
10. Explain the salient aspects of response strategies to mitigate risks due to sea level rise.
MPA001, MPA 001, MPA-001, MPA-01, MPA01, MPA 01, MPA-1, MPA 1, MPA1