MED-004 Solved Assignment 2019
|Title Name||MED-004 Solved Assignment 2019|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (PGDESD)|
|Semester||2019 Course: POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (PGDESD)|
|Product||Assignment of PGDESD 2019 (IGNOU)|
Course Code: MED-004
Assignment Code: MED-004/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: * This assignment is based on the entire course.
* All questions are compulsory. Marks for the questions are shown within brackets
on the right hand side.
* Please answer in your own words; do not copy from the course material.
1. Discuss the PRA as basic tools for participatory management and how are these
tools used in the development of participatory projects ? Support your answer
with a successful example of participatory management.
2. What is good governance? List any six characteristics of good governance. How
does participatory management model helps in good governance?
3. Describe the organizational arrangement of SACEP and also give it aims,
mission and functions.
4. Discuss the role of women in environment and development. Describe a
successful example of a women’s movement in protecting the environment.
5. Discuss the ways in which Freire’s ideas can be used to youth in development
6. Describe how the model “Reversals in Learning” help farmers in sustainable and
7. a) What are the different types of financial assistance received by SACEP? (5)
b) What are the policy directives of the trends in policy in Joint Forest
8. Discuss reversal and reality (in the context of PRA) at practical level on six
standout – from closed to open, from individual to groups, from verbal to visual,
from measuring to comparing, and from reserve and frustration to rapport and
9. Discuss how Orangi Pilot Project can help to build a model urban developed unit
10. a) What are the drawbacks of social forestry? (5)
b) What is the importance of wetland in our country and how it should be