MED-002 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MED-002: Sustainable Development: Issues and Challenges
Course Code: MED-002
Assignment Code: MED-002/TMA/2023-24
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: * This assignment is based on the entire course.
* All questions are compulsory. Marks for the questions are shown
within bracketson the right-hand side.
* Please answer in your own words; do not copy from the course material.
|Title Name||MED-002 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE|
|Session||Assignment July, 2023 & January, 2024 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of M.A. MPS 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session: 15th March|
For January Session: 15th October
1. Critically analyse the strengths and weaknesses of various
approaches tosustainable development. Elucidate your answer with
2. “We discharge our roles following a particular lifestyle that may not be
compatiblewith sustainable development” Justify the statement with suitable
examples from our daily life.
3. Describe how traditional knowledge and modern scientific knowledge
can beintegrated to achieve sustainable development.
4. How can sustainable use of natural resources help achieve
5. Analyse the roadblocks to global initiatives in protecting the global
6. Describe various state and local development initiatives to address
inequality.Substantiate your answer with suitable examples.
7. Explain the following in about 250 words each: (5×4=20)
(a) Concept of carrying capacity.
(b) Initiatives of the South Asian countries towards the betterment
(c) Sustainable Agriculture Practices.
(d) Innovative practices in Sustainable Development of Water and
8. Explain the following in about 250 words each: (5×4=20)
(a) Cooperatives and Sustainable Development
(b) Sustained Livelihood
(c) Concept of Harness Technology in Sustainable Development.
(d) Sustainable and non-sustainable activities