MEC-106 PUBLIC ECONOMICS
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
MEC-106: PUBLIC ECONOMICS
Course Code: MEC-106
Assignment Code: MEC-006/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-106 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MEC-106 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for|
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) Discuss the welfare concepts, inbred in the different forms of social welfare functions, which
form the foundation of policies in public economics.
2) Elucidate the two theoretical models attributed to Lindahl and Samuelson in the context of public
3) Outline how internalisation of negative externalities could be a solution to externalities through
the instruments of taxation and property rights.
4) State Arrow’s impossibility theorem with conditions. Also, illustrate the element of
impossibility in Arrow’s theorem.
5) Highlight the argument behind the ‘revenue maximisation’ approach to public expenditure.
6) Establish how under conditions of ‘imperfect competition’ government enhances overall social
7) Delineate the ‘alternative strategies’ available to ensure the required money supply in an
MEC-106, MEC 106, MEC106