Course Code: LSE-13
Assignment Code: LSE-13/TMA/2019
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||LSE-13 LIFE SCIENCES Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Short Name||LSE-13 (HINDI)|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019|
1. Match the following in column A with those of column B.
(i) Psidium guajava
(ii) Solanum tuberosum
(iii) Victoria amazonica
(iv) Dionaea muscipula
(v) Ravenala madagascariensis
(a) Travellers Tree
(b) largest leaves
(c) Venus Flytrap
(d) modified stem
2. Give the botanical names and family of the following :
(i) Ground nut
(ii) Chick pea
(iii) Water melon
3. Briefly explain the following terms with proper diagram and write the name
of the family where the structure is found :
(i) Capitullum inflorescence
(iii) Gynobasic style
(iv) Monodelphous anther
4. Depict the following through clear and labeled diagram.
(i) Three dimentional diagram of a cube of secondary xylem of Pinus sp.
(ii) Structure of phloem tissue
(iii) Cross section of the secondary root showing primary xylary tissue
(iv) T.S. of an anther with four microsporangia
5. Differentiate between :
(i) Green and oolong tea.
(ii) Gymnosperms and angiosperms
6. Give medicinal uses ,their botanical names and plant parts that are used as
medicine of the following plants :
Rauwolfia,Quinine and floxglove.
7. a) Describe the processing of coffee /tea and its use
b) How the coffee is decaffeinated?
c) What is nobilisation?
8. Describe the family Arecaceae and Poaceae with the reference to the
following features :
Leaf, inflorescence, flowers, androecium, gynoecium
9. Describe the Malvaceae and Asclepiadaceae with the reference to the
following features :
Leaf, inflorescence, flowers, androecium, gynoecium and floral formula.
10. Discuss why angiosperms are the most dominated species in the world. (10)
11. Write a note on the following :
(ii) Importance of Legumes in food
(iii) Phylogeny of the carpel
12. What is the importance of leafy vegetables; describe botany, cultivation and
uses of any three vegetables.
LSE-013, LSE-13, LSE 013, LSE 13, LSE013, LSE