LSE-10 Animal Diversity-II Solved Assignment 2020
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE-10
Assignment Code: LSE-10/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||LSE-10 LIFE SCIENCES Solved Assignment 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Short Name||LSE-10 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January to 31st December 2020|
1. a) Mention at least five important affinities between echinoderms and chordates.
b) Briefly explain the following terms:
ii) Homocercal tail
iii) Living fossils
2. With suitable diagrams explain jaw suspensorium in fishes. (10)
3. a) Describe the important adaptations found in birds that allow them to fly.
b) What is winter sleep? Mention the changes in physiology and behaviour which help
heterothermic mammals overcome severe winter.
4. Describe the most important adaptations in reptiles that allowed them to make a complete
transition from water to land environment.
5. Describe with the help of examples five different means of defence in animals. (10)
6. Describe with the help of labeled diagrams the pectoral girdle of frog and rabbit. (10)
7. Why is the chordate brain considered to be an enlargement of the anterior end of the neural
tube? With the help of diagrams describe the generalised brain in vertebrates.
8. a) Explain the mechanism of bioluminescence.
b) How do:
i) wall lizards adhere to the smooth walls?
ii) chameleons grip the branches on which they move?
iii) penguins swim in water?
9. a) The various fossile ancestors of man are given below. Rearrange them in the order of
their appearance in the evolution of man.
i) Homo sapiens
ii) Homo erectus
vi) Cromagnon man
vii) Neanderthal man
b) Give the characteristic features of Class Amphibia.
10. Differentiate between the following:
i) Batesian and Mullerian mimicry
ii) Single and double circulation of blood
iii) Scales of fish and reptilian scales
iv) Horns and antlers
LSE-10, LSE 10, LSE-010, LSE10