BTMS-185 AIRPORT HANDLING Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Course code: BTMS-185
Total marks: 100
|Title Name||BTMS-185 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||B.A (VOCATIONAL STUDIES) TOURISM MANAGEMENT|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BAVTM|
|Session||July 2022 – January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of B.A (VOCATIONAL STUDIES) TOURISM MANAGEMENT 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July cycle: 30th April|
January cycle: 31st October
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Define Airport. How can we classify and identify airports? 20
2. Discuss the latest trends in the aviation industry and their implication for Tourism
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. What are the different types of VISA? Also mention the types of information that can be
collected from VISA? 10
4. Explain the process of “Embarkation” with the help of a diagram. 10
5. Discuss the function and role of IATA. 10
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. What are the different types of journeys in air travel? 6
7. Differentiate between any two of the following 2 X 3 = 6
i. Greenwich Mean Time and International Date Line
ii. Continents and Oceans
iii. Sabre GDS and Amadeus GDS
8. Define Air Tariff. What are the factors that impact Air Tariff? 6
9. What is the relevance of AAI in the aviation sector? 6
10. Answer the following: (2 X3 =6)
a) What is the local time in Lagos (LOS), Nigeria when it is 2100 hours local time in
Beijing (BJS), China on 1st September?
b) What is the local time in Milan, Italy when it is 0430hrs in La Paz, Bolivia on 27th