BSOG-176 ECONOMY AND SOCIETY Solved Assignment 2021-2022
ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
Tutor Marked Assignments
Programme Code : BAG
Course Code: BSOG –176
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOG-176 Generic Elective Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Generic Elective)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Generic Elective) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the contributions of Karl Marx and Max Weber on economic sociology.
Explain substantivist approach to the understanding of Economic sociology.
2. Discuss the sociological concept of economic distribution and exchange.
Explain the various forms of reciprocity.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Examine the relationship between economics and sociology.
Discuss the concept of money.
4. Describe the features of hunting and gathering societies.
Discuss the theory of danadharma of gift exchange.
5. What is transhumant pastoralism? Discuss.
Discuss the concept of ‘forces of production’.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. What is conspicuous consumption?
7. What is pomology?
8. What is Asiatic mode of production?
9. What is capitalism?
10. What is globalization?
BSOG-176, BSOG 176, BSOG176