BSOC-106 SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
BSOC-106 : SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
Course Code: BSOC-106
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 106/ 2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOC-106 SOCIOLOGY Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(SOCIOLOGY)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(SOCIOLOGY) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Cycle: 30th April|
January Cycle: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks. 2 × 20 = 40
1. Discuss the factors influencing the relationship between religion and politics.
2. Discuss the social significance of myths and rituals.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question
carries 10 marks. 3 × 10 = 30
3. Explain the difference between magic, science and religion.
4. How do religious beliefs affect economic behaviour?
5. Discuss Turner’s classification of pilgrimages.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question
carries 6 marks. 5 × 6 = 30
6. Explain Weber’s viewpoint on prophets?
7. Point out the similarities between the Bhakti and Sufi traditions.
8. Briefly state the role of the Arya Samaj in emancipation of women.
9. What do you understand by calvinism?
10. What is animism?
BSOC-106, BSOC 106, BSOC106