BPY-003 Ancient and Medieval Western Philosophy
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
|Title Name||BPY-003 PHILOSOPHY Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(PHILOSOPHY)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(PHILOSOPHY) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Exam- 31st March|
For December Exam- 30th September
1. Give Answer of all five questions.
2. All five questions carry equal marks
3. Answer to question no. 1 and 2 should be in about 400 words each.
4. If any question has more than one part, please attempt all parts.
1. Explain Plato’s idea of state. How does Plato criticize the idea democracy? 20
Write an essay on Socratic Methods. 20
2. Compare the Zeno’s and Stoic’s Idea of god.
a) “Contemplation is perfect happiness”. Explain 10
b) Empedocles’ idea of cosmogony. 10
3. Answer any two of the following questions in about 200 words each. 2*10= 20
a) “Everything is in flux.” What are the arguments given by Heraclitus to prove this thesis?
b) “Plurality is not possible.” Explain how Zeno argued to prove his thesis. 10
c) Write an essay on theory of knowledge as advocated by Atomists. 10
d) What do you understand by Socratic idea of “virtue is knowledge”? 10
4. Answer any four of the following questions in about 150 words each. 4*5= 20
a) Write an essay on Boethius’ distinction between random chance and human choice. 5
b) How Augustine proves the relation between faith and reason? 5
c) Write an essay on Augustine’s idea of Time. 5
d) What are the arguments Aquinas gives to prove the existence of God? 5
e) What are the characteristics of Jewish philosophy? Discuss. 5
f) Write a note on Pythagorean Concept of Soul. 5
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each. 5*4= 20
a) Ockham’s razor 4
b) Scholastic method 4
c) Solipsism 4
d) Logos 4
e) Efficient Cause 4
f) Realm of the intangible 4
g) Academic Skepticism 4
h) Allegory of cave
BPY-003, BPY-03, BPY 003, BPY 03, BPY003, BPY03, BPY-3, BPY3, BPY