BGYCT-137 STRATIGRAPHY AND PALAEONTOLOGY in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: BGYCT-137
Assignment Code: BGYCT-137/TMA/2023
|Title Name||BGYCT-137 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st January 2023 to 31st December 2023|
1. Write short notes on the following:
a) Order of superposition
b) Stratigraphic contacts and unconformities
2. Discuss in detail litho-, bio- and chrono-stratigraphic classifications. 10)
3. Give a detailed account of stratigraphy of Palaeogene–Neogene sequences of
4. Describe stratigraphic classification, lithology and economic importance of
Dharwar and Delhi supergroups.
5. Describe stratigraphy and economic importance of Gondwana Supergroup.
6. What are fossils? Discuss in detail, the processes of fossilisation. (10)
7. Write short notes on the following:
a) Gondwana flora
b) Mineral-walled microfossils
8. Discuss the evolutionary history of horse. Add a note on the role of climate in
the evolution of horse.
9. Discuss the morphology and geological history of brachiopods. Add a note on
the living fossil – Lingula.
10. Write short notes on the following:
a) Morphology of gastropods
b) Geological history of trilobites
BGYCT-137, BGYCT 137, BGYCT137