BEGE-141 UNDERSTANDING PROSE
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Assignment for July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
Maximum Marks 100
|Title Name||BEGE-141 English Honours Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(English Honours)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||Assignment for July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English Honours) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination 30th April|
For December Examination 31stOctober
Answer All Questions
Q.I Write short notes on the following in about 200 words each:
4 x 5 = 20
(i) Expository Prose
(ii) Varieties of Prose
(iii) Differences between Biography and Autobiography
(iv) Diary writing as a literary form.
Q. II Answer the following questions in about 350 words each:
4 x 7.5 = 30
1. Explain the features of Strachey’s prose style as seen in Queen Victoria.
2. Aitkin’s travelogue is both informative and interesting, comment with examples from the
3. ‘Twelve Million Black Voices’ reveals the unrelenting and harsh attitude of Whites towards
Blacks. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
4. The story ‘Misery’ deals with human insensitivity to other people’s grief. Discuss
Q. III Answer the following questions in about 600 words each:
5 x 10 = 50
1. ‘On seeing England for the first Time’ reveals Kincaid’s indignation characteristic of a
colonized person against her colonizer. Discuss.
2. How does ‘Shooting an Elephant in Burma’ reflect Orwell’s views on imperialism? Discuss
3. Letter writing as a form of prose is both informative and aesthetically appealing. Discuss
with reference to Nehru’s “The Quest of Man”.
4. Margaret Laurence’s speech “My Final Hour” reveals her deep commitment to social causes.
Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
5. Critically appreciate the prose style of Bertrand Russell as seen in his Autobiography
BEGE 141, BEGE141, BEGE-141