BEGC-108 British Literature: 18th Century
Solved Assignment 2021
British Literature: 18th Century
Assignment July 2021 & January 2022 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGC-108 English Honours|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October, 2021|
For July 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April, 2022
Write short notes in about 200 words each/ answer with reference to the context: 4 × 5 = 20
(i) Whigs and the Tories
(ii) A Tale of A Tub
(iii) The Neo- Classical Age
(iv) The Graveyard School of Poetry
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Examine the theme of paternal disobedience plays in the plot of Robinson Crusoe?
2. What do you understand by the Restoration Period? Highlight some of the characteristics of
3. What purpose do the epigraph and the prologue serve in the play The Way of the World?
4. What was the changed nature of poetry in the mid-18th century? Discuss why this age seems
to be a ‘transitional period’?
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on the rise of the genre of the novel with respect to Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe.
2. What do you understand by the term Enlightenment? Does swift question the Enlightenment
3. Examine the politico – historical circumstances of 17th and 18th Century England critically.
4. How is The Way of the World a quintessential comedy of manners?
5. Write a detailed note on Gray’s ‘pastoral’ representations of the city versus the country.
BEGC-108, BEGC 108, BEGC108