BEGAE-182 English Communication Skills
Solved Question Paper December 2020 (Held in FEB 2021)
ENGLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Course Code: BEGAE-182
|Title Name||BEGAE-182 Solved Question Paper|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
I. Answer any four of the following questions in about 100 words each.
1. What are the barriers to communication ? How can they be removed ? 5
2. What are the advantages of non-verbal communication ? 5
3. How would you structure a presentation so as to make it most effective ? 5
4. What are homophones and homographs ? Give examples of both. 5
5. While writing a formal letter, how can you make it gender neutral ? 5
6. What are ‘schemata’ ? What is their role in reading ? 5
II. A new recruit has just joined your orgnisation. Write a dialogue in 10 turns, where you, as a senior colleague, explain the role he/she is expected to perform in the organisation. 10
Write a well-structured essay on one of the following topics :
(a) Higher education in India in the 21st century.
(b) Cultural diversity in India.
III. You have been offered a job as a research assistant in a leading research organisation. Write a formal letter of acceptance to the head of the organisation. 10
A group of five students have been given the topic : ‘‘Encouraging children to develop good reading habits.’’ Write out a group discussion on this topic.
IV. What are the characteristics of a conversation ? How is a conversation different from other speech events ? 10
What are the four levels of reading comprehension ? Explain each briefly with suitable examples.
BEGAE-182, BEGAE 182, BEGAE182