BECC-110 INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BECC-110
Assignment Code: ASST/BECC 110/ 2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BECC-110 Economic HONOURS Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Economic HONOURS)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Admission cycle|
|Assignment Code||ASST/BECC 110/ 2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Economic HONOURS) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Cycle: 30 April|
January Cycle: 31 October
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions. 2 × 20 = 40
1) What is meant by heteroscedasticity? Describe any one method of testing for the presence of
2) What is meant by autocorrelation? Explain how Durbin-Watson test can be used to
test for the presence of autocorrelation.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question
carries 10 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions. 3 × 10 = 30
3) Explain why an error variable is added to the regression model. Differentiate between
the error term (u) and the residual (𝑢ො).
4) When do you encounter the problem of multicollinearity? What are the remedial
measures for the problem of multicollinearity?
5) Interpret the coefficient of determination (𝑅
. Distinguish between 𝑅
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries
6 marks. 5 ×6 = 30
6) What is a dummy variable? Illustrate the situation of dummy variable trap.
7) Describe the properties of OLS estimators.
8) Describe the procedure of applying RESET test.
9) In the context of hypothesis testing distinguish between one-tailed and two-tailed
tests. Use appropriate diagram.
10) Write a short note on the types of specification errors in a regression model.
BECC-110, BECC 110, BECC110