BBYET-141 Cell and Molecular Biology
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BBYET-141
Assignment Code: BBYET-141/TMA/21-22
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYET-141 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Session: July 2021- January 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. a) State whether these statements are ‘True’ or ‘False’.
i) In descending chromatography, the solvent travels down the
paper and the movement of solvent is assisted by gravity.
ii) Gas chromatography is generally used for thermo-unstable and
iii) Diaphragm (Iris) regulates the amount of light entering the
condenser in the microscope.
iv) The cells of prokaryotes are simpler than those of eukaryotes
and lack internal compartmentalization and complexity.
v) The progression of a cell to the next stage in the cell cycle can
be halted at specific points.
b) Define the following:
iii) Retention factor
2. a) With the help of a well labelled diagram describe the major differences
between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
b) Give an outline of polypeptide synthesis in bacteria.
3. a) Explain the structure of DNA with the help of a well labelled diagram.
b) Enlist the major functions of Golgi bodies.
4. a) Chloroplast and mitochondria are the semi autonomous organs.
Justify the statement.
b) Describe the major features of endosymbiont theory of origin of
chloroplast and mitochondria.
5. a) Explain various stages of cell cycle with the help of well labelled
b) Describe the cloverleaf structure of tRNA with the help of labelled
6. a) Describe in brief the various cell inclusions found in plants.
b) Discuss the role of enzyme topoisomerases in DNA replication.
7. Describe the various steps of DNA replication in prokaryotes. (10)
8. a) Describe lac operon of E.coli highlighting its major features.
b) Enlist the major features of Genetic code.
9. Give a diagrammatic representation of transcription process in prokaryotes.
Enlist the role of various enzymes involved in it.
10. Write short notes on:
b) Synaptonemal complex
c) Biological significance of meiosis
d) Gene silencing
e) Cell theory
BBYET-141, BBYET 141, BBYET141