BBYCT-137 Plant Physiology and metabolism
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBYCT-137
Assignment Code: BBYCT-137/TMA/2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-137 Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Short Name||BBYCT-137 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st January 2021 to 31st December, 2021. If you have failed in this|
assignment or fail to submit it by December, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the
year 2022, and submit it as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide.
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. Define the following:
i) Symplastic pathway
v) Hypertonic solution
vi) Semipermeable membrane
ix) Lenticular transpiration
x) Stomatal frequency
2. a) Discuss the criteria of essentiality of a mineral nutrient.
b) Describe the process of transport of ions across plasma membrane.
3. a) Describe the structure of photosynthetic pigment Chla.
b) Describe the Non-Cyclic and Cyclic Photophosphorylation – Z- Scheme
with the help of an outline diagram.
4. a) Discuss passive symplastic phloem loading.
b) Differentiate between photorespiration and dark respiration.
5. a) Describe Krebs Cycle (TCA Cycle) with labelled diagram.
b) Describe Pentose Phosphate Pathway with diagram.
6. Discuss genetic regulation of nitrogen fixation. (5)
7. List various plant hormones and describe their functions. (10)
8. Discuss structure of phytochrome, its properties and describe phytochromemediated responses.
9. Discuss the ways the plants adapt to stress. (5)
10. Write short notes on:
i) Allosteric enzymes
ii) Respiratory quotient (RQ)
iii) Gifted species
iv) Synthetic growth hormones
v) Flowering hormones
BBYCT-137, BBYCT 137, BBYCT137